Subject: Re: Question regarding megatools, specifically megaput
From: Ondřej Jirman
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 20:44:20 +0100
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 06:58:30PM +0000, Todd M. Hébert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I find that a couple of times per month, some automated scripts I have for backing up my data end up having difficulties with megaput.
>
> Sometimes megaput "stalls" and never recovers, but also never exits... so the backup process can stay running for days, without any data transfer taking place.

Yes, there's an infinite retry loop when quotas run out. As someone
requested this feature long time ago.

But I'm not sure how mega.nz API behaves, because it's undocumented,
so it may not recover without restarting the upload completely,
which megatools don't do, in case of quota errors.

It may also be that the retry loop hits for other errors too. I don't
know.

> I'd like to be able to find a way to send it a signal that will cause it to re-establish it's connection and continue sending, if possible.
>

> (alternately, I'll be using a timeout to kill it and restart the transfer.)
>
> I cannot find a list of the KILL signals that megaput understands, and what actions it takes on receiving same.
>
> Is there such a list?  If so... where might I find it?

It doesn't capture any signals itself. All signals use default handling.

regards,
	o.