Subject: Mega.nz support claims that `megatools` is not safe to use because of its crypto implementation
From: Daniel
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 00:27:39 +0200
Hi Ondrej!

I have a quick question about `megatools`. I had a conversation with
mega support regarding some other issue, and I mentioned using
`megatools` for download and upload from and to my mega account. And
they replied with the following.

>Megatools is a third party software which has not been authorized by
>MEGA Ltd. This software is NOT safe to use as it doesn't do crypto
>correctly! It is not based on our official SDK, so it does not operate
>correctly in all circumstances (e.g. when shared folders are
>involved). Also, these tools cannot detect your quota and could limit
>your bandwidth. Ensure you are using our official SDK and products if
>you want to ensure the integrity of your data
>https://github.com/meganz/sdk/ https://mega.nz/sync/

I wanna ask, is there any substance to their claim about wrong
cryptography implementation or is it just marketing pushing for their
own solution? I suspect the latter is more likely, but I wanted to ask
anyway. And I don't care about shared folders or bandwith limit.

I've been a happy user of `megatools` for years and intend to keep it
that way. Thank you for your FOSS work!

Cheers,

Daniel