Subject: Re: Help needed
From: Ondřej Jirman
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 17:00:56 +0100
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 09:39:28AM -0600, Benjamin Goetz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have registered and verified an mega account using the megareg command. I
> have also created a ./.megarc config file including my username and
> password.
> The ls and df command are working fine. When I try to login to mega.nz
> using the website in a browser copying the credentials from the ./.megarc
> it says invalid email address or password. I can not download a recovery
> key if I can not log into the webinterface. What should I do? I appreciate
> your help.

Sorry, I have no idea how to login to their website. It worked just fine a year
ago with accounts created with megareg. Maybe you have some special unicode
characters in your password, that the website is interpretting differently.

I'm not sure what a recovery key is. I haven't really tracked changes in mega's
API since they removed documentation for it.

All you need for recovery is to save the password somewhere. The master key
is derived from it. There was no "recovery key" when I wrote megatools.

regards,
	o.