Subject: Re: [Feature request] Resume support also with megadl
From: Ondřej Jirman
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 03:10:35 +0100
Hi,

On Sat, Dec 07, 2019 at 12:29:57AM +0100, Tanya wrote:
> I have noticed that you've introduced resume support
> (https://megous.com/git/megatools/commit/?h=1.11.x&id=9d5a4f12fd1272dc8c8aaffd2b92c8b438bd440a)
> in 1.10.0
> However I am using megadl 1.10.2 on a folder and it doesn't even
> attempt to resume files, neither checks properly if a file is really
> downloaded, it just skips if there is a file with the same name
> Please fix that

Use 1.11.x version. Data are downloaded into a temporary file first.
If this is not completed this temporary file will be used to resume
the download.

Local files with the same name as remote files are not touched/overwritten.
There's no assumption that they have to have the same content as the remote
files. Megatools will simply never overwrite anything that you already have
locally or remotely, unless you explicitely remove it first.

regards,
	o.