Subject: Re: megatools and reg control over key?
From: Ondřej Jirman
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:26:59 +0100
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 01:48:46PM +0100, paradigmshift@arcor.de wrote:
> Hello Ondrej,
> in your manual you write:
> "You can register account using a megatools-reg(1) tool, with the benefit of
> having true control of your encryption keys."
>
> I what way do I have control and how can they be changed?
> The documentation for megatools-reg(1) doesn't mention how I can control the
> key.

The keys are not in the browser under the control of JS code provided by
mega.nz, so they can't be simply sent to mega.nz by their code.

The master key is normally derived from the password, so you'd need to
change your password to change the master key. Megatools doesn't have
a command to do that.

regards,
	o.