Subject: Re: (No Subject)
From: Terri
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 04:34:55 +0000
Hi,

I don't know what exactly mega did to patch the security flaws but whatever mega did to patch the flaws has now made it not possible for megatools to "see" folders that has a link that was generated after the security was upgraded (the links can either be generated using a web browser or using megacmd). Folders that had its links removed remains invisible. The contents of such folders are also essentially invisible.

For an example, see this account:
Here's the file structure printed with megacmd (using mega-tree)
Cloud Storage
├── A Folder that has its link removed
│   └── megatools.7z
├── A Folder with LInks Generated After the Security Was Upgraded
│   └── megatools.7z
├── A folder with no links generated
│   └── Another folder without links
│       └── megatools.7z
├── A File That Has A Link.7z
└── A File With No Links.7z

Here's what megatools ls prints out (using megatools ls -u vpvqdo8mox4aloiye@guerrillamailblock.com -p 2ULeOLCVAXvgcsX31DrKu --reload)
WARNING: Skipping import of a key n3gDBABa because it's authentication failed
WARNING: Skipping import of a key brgjFaiY because it's authentication failed
WARNING: Skipping FS node n3gDBABa because node key wasn't found
WARNING: Skipping FS node brgjFaiY because node key wasn't found
WARNING: Skipping FS node jm41FSoB because node key wasn't found
WARNING: Skipping FS node Ci5RwQZD because node key wasn't found
/Contacts
/Inbox
/Root
/Root/A File That Has A Link.7z
/Root/A File With No Links.7z
/Root/A folder with no links generated
/Root/A folder with no links generated/Another folder without links
/Root/A folder with no links generated/Another folder without links/megatools.7z
/Trash

As you can see, megatools doesn't list any folders that has a link (or once had a link) nor does it list the contents of those folders.

Consequently, if you were to try to upload another file to one of the "invisible" folders with megatools put, it won't be able to upload it because as far as megatools is concerned, the folder doesn't exist.

Here's the output for this: megatools put -u vpvqdo8mox4aloiye@guerrillamailblock.com -p 2ULeOLCVAXvgcsX31DrKu "C:\Things to\Upload\megatools_2.7z" --path "/Root/A Folder that has its link removed/megatools_2.7z" --reload

WARNING: Skipping import of a key n3gDBABa because it's authentication failed
WARNING: Skipping import of a key brgjFaiY because it's authentication failed
WARNING: Skipping FS node n3gDBABa because node key wasn't found
WARNING: Skipping FS node brgjFaiY because node key wasn't found
WARNING: Skipping FS node jm41FSoB because node key wasn't found
WARNING: Skipping FS node Ci5RwQZD because node key wasn't found
ERROR: Upload failed for 'C:\Things to\Upload\megatools_2.7z': Parent directory doesn't exist: /Root/A Folder that has its link removed

If you try to create a folder named "A Folder that has its link removed", megatools will create a duplicate folder (not done in this mega account). Basically there would be two folders with identical names in /Root/.

For what it's worth, the downloading of files/folders from megalinks still work though. Registering and verifying new mega accounts also still work.

Regards,
Terri

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.