Subject: Re: Error "key authentication failed" using megatools ls
From: Ondřej Jirman
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 21:09:50 +0200
On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 03:53:49PM +0000, grek.nl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as a follow up on these issues, apparently mega has changed something with
> their login. (Some) Accounts that have been 'upgraded' in the web ui cannot be
> used with megatools anymore:
>
> " ERROR: Can't login to mega.nz: API call 'us' failed: Server returned error
> EEXPIRED "

You may just need --reload flag.

> This is true for very recent accounts created with megatools at the end of
> April. I am uncertain whether this 'wears off' after some time or whether
> somewhat older accounts (created in March) did not yet have this issue.
>
> Any chance of you looking into this?

No. The changes are very extensive, and I have no intention in implementing them
myself.

Some users reported that after the update, they can still upload files with megatools
and have them readable by megatools.

It also seem to depend on the age of the account. I've tried to update my
account, and I can still see all the files and login fine after the update.

kind regards,
	o.